Beerlingual Pub Quiz!
What is that you say? Well! Beerlingual is lots of fun that is what!
It’s a Pub Quiz – bilingual! It’s another option to meet locals and practice languages outside of the classroom! We put together teams of locals and visitors and your quizmaster asks questions like, “What Lord of the Rings actor spent part of his childhood in Argentina and speaks Spanish with an Argentine accent?” Then you discuss, debate, even argue your way to a group answer. And you don’t need to know Spanish to attend because the questions are in Spanish and English! You’ll have fun, learn a little bit about Buenos Aires and the best teams win cool prizes like bar tabs, event passes and yummy treats.
Where: SUGAR BAR • PALERMO •
Date: Every Tuesday/Martes
Address: Costa Rica 4619 & Armenia
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Price: 40 Pesos ($10) **Includes a free drink!
I went on September 6th 2011 – and I will definitely go again. Although the questions were WAY harder than expected – I guess Alexander for 3 questions and got 2 correct 😛 I was with Laura, the British girl I met in Iguazu Falls, and 2 Locals; Maura and Ezequil! It was a lot of fun, but we were horrrrrrrrible at the game. But after the quiz we kept drinking and talking and I had a great time! Its happy hour at Sugar Bar from 6-12 (yes til Midnight is Happy hour here in Argentina!) and a Quilmes Beer costs 12 Pesos ($3), which is a great value for Buenos Aires!
Questions from the Quiz included:
- What was the name of the American Actress who married the Prince of Monaco in 1957?
- What is the common word for the medical term Scapula?
- Which 2 planets do not have Moons?
- What did Prince Harry, of the UK, dress up as for Halloween which caused a huge scandal?
- Who is the host of the Price is Right?
- What is the name of the temple on top of the Acropolis in Athens Greece?